/t/ - How do you anons think the universe was created?Do you think it was made by some higher power? Maybe a scientific phenomenon, or perhaps it was just always there.All thoughts and beliefs are welcome, religion, scientific research or just personal belie

/t/ - Science/Technology

For discussion of Science, Technology and Math
[Return] [Go to Bottom] [Catalog]

File: index.png (10.27 KB, 300x168, 25:14, 1595465763250.png) [Show in Hex Viewer] [Reverse Image search]

No.372[D]

How do you anons think the universe was created?
Do you think it was made by some higher power? Maybe a scientific phenomenon, or perhaps it was just always there.
All thoughts and beliefs are welcome, religion, scientific research or just personal beliefs, they're all just as valid to the question. After the universe was created, how did all the atoms and matter get there? What caused all of this matter to just appear? Excited to hear your thoughts.

No.376[D][DF]

>>372
[spoiler]another phantom bump. I will appease these spirits with a reply[/spoiler]
There's two big reasons imo why things happen, two different sorts of causes: weak but constant forces, and strong yet sudden ones. Different people have different opinions on which is more shaping. The idea that history is more shaped by the unforeseeable catastrophes is called the Black Swan hypothesis.
Depending on which kind of force is more shaping, I see two possibilities: the universe has always existed and always will, or it was created in a black swan event. The Big Bang theory cheeses these together by saying that time is expanding and accelerating alongside space, so if you were to go back in time to the big bang time would get denser and denser and you'd never reach a single instant of genesis. It's a sort of four-dimensional fractal.
If there is a black swan event responsible for the creation of this fractal, however, I think it would have to be higher-dimensional collisions. Think about the surface of a lake as a two-dimensional abstract plane. It ripples as forces move around it, but never tears. If something lived entirely within the two dimensions of the surface it would never have any idea the laws of its universe were determined by swimming fish or gusts of wind. That's us. Something is swimming around or blowing around, ruffling up a surface, and the result is our universe.
You know what, fuck it, believing in a supreme creator requires fewer assumptions.

No.377[D][DF]

File: makeanapplepie.jpg (54.76 KB, 800x450, 16:9, 1596318650515.jpg) [Show in Hex Viewer] [Reverse Image search]

First you need to invent an apple pie.

No.387[D][DF]

The universe doesn't exist we're all just hallucinating inside a dark empty void.

No.388[D][DF]

>>387
yes yess heil v o i d praise v o i d
v o i d is the beginning and ending
v o i d is eternal

No.406[D][DF]

>>387
This
We are hallucinating and we are hallucinations at the same time.

No.407[D][DF]

>>387
This.

Parmenides already discovered that movement is impossible.

[Reply to this Thread]

[Return] [Go to top] [Catalog]
[Post a Reply]